We wanted to wait until we were absolutely sure. And now, we are absolutely sure.
Got the final confirmation this morning, all the processing went through and Mark was accepted for treatment at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
We had been afraid of reporting good progress and then having something fall through at the end, but now we are locked in.
Deep breath... and now it is OK to say HOORAY!!! Huge answer to prayers!
Wendi and Mark are also taking Gabriella and Jim, arriving Friday night, which will allow them time to acclimate and orient themselves to the huge medical campus there.
We have received a handful of offers of places to stay, which has been a huge blessing, just now starting to work through what will work best for the travelers.
As an affirmation of our choice to go this route, our Oncology case worker at Randall Children's went so far as to say that if it was his kid dealing with what Mark is dealing with, MDACC would also be his first choice.
So... here we go!