We were just informed that the 2nd of the two neurosurgeons set to do Mark's surgery has had a family emergency arise and had to leave town.
After some consultation with our primary surgeon, surgery is now scheduled for the other surgeon's first day back. They cleaned off the schedule for that day so Mark is on top of the agenda...the only one on the agenda, actually. One of the nice things about finding the cancer so early (you have to make the best of nice things wherever you find them) is that the relative urgency to do surgery is diminished, so the delay is not significant.
In any case, the new surgery date is Tuesday January 27.
If you're the praying type and have had Mark in your prayers, might want to consider adding Mark's 2nd surgeon for whatever his family is going through now.
Thanks for reading, and God bless.