Mark is sleeping now, sorry for the delay in getting an update out. It's been a very long day!
The surgeons were able to remove about 75% of the tumor, but some of it was simply not accessible without unacceptable risk of damaging critical veins.
We have some preliminary info on the tumor type now but will have a much clearer picture of what we're dealing with later this week, for now we just want Mark to rest and rebound.
With much of the tumor removed, we've bought that much more time to plan and react to what's next. Whether that entails mainstream approaches such as chemo or radiation, or alternatives based on the tumor type, and whether or not that involves travel to a specialty hospital, remains to be seen.
Despite still being groggy and unsure what time of day it is, he has still managed to tell us he was concerned for Joseph and Gabriella, making sure someone was taking care of them.
This is merely a step in the journey. It is clearly not over, and won't be for a while.
Wendi and I thank you all for your tremendous gifts of prayers and words of support. More tomorrow.